I know this post is fairly late in the day – but better late than never, right? Now this isn’t a formal or official award, but it is a mark of recognition bestowed by our peers, recognising our writing/blog work as something that is worth the time and effort that’s been put into it, and for whatever reason was deemed worthy of a more detailed look rather than a cursory glance over the shoulder. I am ever so grateful to the surprisingly humble Kershelle Mike @ The Angry Marketer Blog for deeming the MDB worthy of that second look – so honoured and surprised (read flabbergasted!) at the nomination!
Now the way this works is that:
Step 1: you give an account of how your blog came into being – and;
Step 2: any advice you want to dole out to new and upcoming and ‘thinking-about-it’ bloggers – and mine is this: be yourself, don’t force yourself, don’t try too hard – discover your strength and play to them, be unique and then be regular, don’t worry about how many people are reading your stuff – if you feel you have the right idea then this will take commitment and time invested! Do think about this long and hard, don’t just jump into it – look at other blogs, look up others’ ideas and see how they implemented their ideas – and find out what works for you, and then, finally;
Step 3: you nominate 15 (or upto 15) other blogs/bloggers that you feel deserve to be recognized. It isn’t an official platform, but it sure is nice to be recognised, don’t you think? So without further ado (and in no particular order) my nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- My class fellow, friend and colleague, Dr. Haseeb Ashraf’s blog Medical Solutions: The Medic Helpline (link here) – which aims at creating awareness about various medical conditions, easing definitions for laypersons/non medical personnel and any guidance/medical queries you may have as a doctor or other medical professional, or even indeed any member of the general public
- Another friend and superstar colleague Anita Mitra – and all round amazing person – she is an encyclopedia on all things ‘women’s health’ – including some topics oft considered taboo – her blog as The Gynae Geek is maybe even more impressive than the legend herself!
- One of my juniors in medical school is doing something that I am secretly (OK maybe not so secretly!) proud of and who I think has the capacity to touch so many lives for the better – and not just by means of her medical degree! – she does this by reviewing (after reading) the most amazing books as The Doctor Reads – she writes succinct and amazingly relevant reviews that connect you to the books in a way no review or book recommendation has ever done before – atleast not to my knowledge. Absolutely love her style, and the sense of humour just takes it up another notch. She does not have an official blog, but check out her work here, and here – she takes Instagramming to a whole new level!
- FifisLounge – An amazing cook, who tries and tests recipes herself all the time, and then recommends the successes to anyone looking for yummy morsels and tasty treats – having tried this chef’s cooking firsthand, I can vouch for this blog with confidence! Check out this blog here, and try out the great tastes!
- A newcomer to the blogging scene – nevertheless ‘Life as Sid Knows it…’ is someone to follow – day to day musings, and personal experiences and an interesting take on the daily routine things that we take for granted – this blog is also a part of my list.
Unfortunately I don’t have an extensive list of 15 blogs to recommend – but at least the ones I have recommended I honestly believe are worthy of your attention, whether you are a follower of the MDB or just randomly looking for inspiration. Do check them all out!